The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 is an external 1RU/table-top I/O device with two 20Gb/s Thunderbolt ports. It captures DCI 4K 4:2:2 or UHD 4K YUV 4:2:2 by single-link 6G-SDI up to 30p and by dual-link 6G-SDI from 50p to 60p; 1080p RGB 4:4:4 by single-link 3G-SDI; 1080p 4:2:2 by single-link HD-SDI; 1080p 4:4:4 by dual-link HD-SDI; and DCI/UHD 4K 4:2:2 by HDMI. 4K can be input/output compressed and uncompressed. The SDI inputs also support dual-channel 2D/3D stereoscopic workflows. UltraStudio 4K is capable of hardware-based HD down/up/cross conversion.
The other connections are Component and Composite on BNC, 2-channel analog audio on XLR, 2-channel AES/EBU audio on BNC, timecode input and output on XLR, Blackburst and Tri-Sync, and RS-422 deck control. A color LCD and six quick-access video and audio input buttons are built in on the front panel.
- 4K, 1080p, 3D Input & Output
- – DCI 4K 4:2:2 or UHD 4K YUV 4:2:2 by single-link 6G-SDI
– DCI 4K 4:2:2 by HDMI
– 1080p RGB 4:4:4 by single-link 3G-SDI
– 1080p 4:2:2 by single-link HD-SDI
– 1080p 4:4:4 by dual-link HD-SDI
– Dual-channel 2D/3D stereoscopic by SDI
- 4K Compressed or Uncompressed
- UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 supports popular compressed video formats such as ProRes and DNxHD as well as 10-bit uncompressed video. When working with uncompressed video all captured images are a perfect pixel-for-pixel clone of the source without any quality loss. Get the sharpest keying with green screens, cleanest compositions, superior color correction, and more.
- Work in 10-Bit 4:4:4
- UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 features built-in 6G-SDI connections that operate at four times the speed of regular HD-SDI, meaning you can capture Ultra HD and 4K with only one BNC cable instead of four. This high bandwidth connection is perfect for full color resolution 4:4:4 video, which is great for video effects and high frame rate video up to 1080p60. UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 also supports dual stream 3D with capture and playback of two independent channels.
- The Power of Thunderbolt
- Thunderbolt ensures low latency and highly accurate time synchronization for high quality capture and playback. UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt 2 features 20Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 with loop thru and dual link 6G-SDI, the combination perfect for 3D stereoscopic workflows, Ultra HD, and DCI 4K.
- Supported Codecs
- AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2, and Uncompressed 10-bit 4:4:4.
- Supported Applications
- Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe After Effects, Nuke – The Foundry, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Pro Tools, Steinberg Cubase, Steinberg Nuendo, Adobe Photoshop, Avid Symphony, Avid News Cutter, Tools On Air just:in / live:cut / just:play / just:live, Softron OnTheAir Video/ MovieRecorder / OnTheAir CG, Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, Livestream Procaster, Resolume Avenue 4, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, CyberLink Power Director, MAGIX Video Pro X4, Vidcaster Pro / Studio / Broadcast, Uniplay, Playbox AirBox, CasparCG, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, and Harris Infocaster.